Tuesday, November 1, 2011

July 2008 ~ Packing up and heading to Williston, ND.

Today we are heading out to ND it is a bitter sweet moment, and I don't know it yet but the term "Bitter Sweet" will be my life from here to the present day.
The day before we leave I received a letter I had been waiting for, an offer of employment as lead Secretary at the Middle School, wow I can't believe this, I had been applying for a position in the Douglas County school system for a few years, and now that we finalized everything and we're headed out they offer me a great position, UGH!
My Daughter Bryanna is leaving her Dad behind in Carson City, which I always promised wouldn't happen, no matter how much I hate that prick, I never wanted to move her away from her Daddy. 
I guess we have to make sacrifices in life in order to get ahead or to just break even. We made arrangements so Bryanna could visit him every summer, fly back for a couple holidays, and of course he is welcome to visit any time.

We gave away our chickens :( I sure do miss the fresh eggs, and them all following me around the property like I was Momma Chicken, we took our Dog Meika to Johns my Brother in law, she was just too big to put in the Truck or U-haul since they were packed solid, shoved the cat and our little dog Chrissy in the truck and we were off, makes me tear up just writing this. :(

Good bye Beautiful place :(


We took a couple days getting to Williston, the drive was breath taking, if anyone hasn't driven through Yellow Stone national park it is a MUST SEE. 
So we are getting closer to Williston, half way through Montana and things are starting to get really boring <~~to me that means no more mountains, as we are getting closer things have pretty much flat lined. :\ Don't lose it Tracy I tell myself, we mentally prepared for this, we read all about the area before we decided to come, sacrifices!

Here we are 10:30 pm driving into Williston and it was STILL day light!?? WTH?? Okay this is where I lose it I started to cry, I missed my home, my mountains, my animals, and this place is flat, the town is in the middle of no where, there are no stores, no restaurants, there are NO HOTELS, just old run down motels. I thought to myself what did we just do, there is no turning back what's done is done....

No comments:

Post a Comment