Saturday, November 5, 2011

We found an apartment! :)

I am going crazy in this motel room, 2 animals, a pre teen, and a tired grumpy husband.
Fast food for the last 3 months, we all gained weight, at least 20 lbs, and a manager who won't get off my back!
I have been driving the streets looking for a rent sign to pop out at me, looking on line and in the newspaper, calling all the property management companies almost daily, and finally we heard about some apartments being built, 2 bedroom 2 bath with an office and a 2 car garage $1095. a month, they aren't done yet but we are on the waiting list, and we are sooo excited! :)
That's our apartment on the 3rd floor at the very end, it was nice having an apartment that was brand new, nice and clean, the view was nice too, not that there was much to see, this is Williston were talking about LOL. But the clouds and storms that roll through here are pretty wild and we got the best view.

Williston has grown on me a little, I still hate the mosquitos they are really bad here, the summer heat isn't real bad, but it can get humid. The people here are very nice, like they come from a different planet, I'm not used to the kind, very caring people I run into every day, it's like an untouched society it's kinda crazy.
I like the speed limits, the people aren't in a hurry, and I feel very safe, I feel like I can allow my kid to walk to the store, or park and not have to worry about scum bags kidnapping her or worse. I like the school system, it is a blue ribbon school, and Bryanna has made a lot of new friends, one of them is Esther she is such a sweet heart, a little quiet, and odd at times but they get along great.

I still don't care for the fact that if Bryanna needs her braces worked on we have to drive to Minot 2 hours away, but I guess it is a nice get away, they have a mall there too we like to go to, and we get to eat at a nice restaurant, which is something we don't have in Williston.

The management company has offered me a job as resident manager, it's only $300 a month to vacuum the hallways, and clean around the property a little but it will keep me busy while Dan is working.

Dan has a crazyyyyyyyyy schedule, he will get a phone call from the dispatch people at 3 am and has to be in the yard by 4 am, then sometimes he doesn't come home till 28-30 hrs later, it's wild and I don't know how he can do it, I would be a zombie. He says it don't bother him, so I pack him a fat lunch and some snacks, and wait and hope all is okay, he really does have a dangerous job. :(
Williston Herald news: File photo: A car moves along the highway in October 2008 during a blizzard in the area. Williston and area residents are urged not to drive tonight, and to be cautious if they must drive by taking cell phones and winter survival kits with them, as well as informing others where they are going. Williams County and surrounding counties are under a Blizzard Warning until tomorrow. 

It's Oct 4th, today it started to snow, and the wind is blowing like crazy, by night we were in a full blown blizzard, and it dumped about 2 feet of snow. I am somewhat used to the cold, we came from the high desert and would get a lot of the lake effect snow from Lake Tahoe, in fact a couple years before we left NV the weather had dropped to -2 degrees for a week and that was sooooo cold, BUT what we had in store for us here in Williston ND, hehe was wayyyyyyyyyyyy worse......



                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment