Friday, November 4, 2011

Settling in at the super 8 motel in Williston ND

I was tired, sad, irritable, crushed, and did I say tired?

Halliburton made us a reservation to stay at the Super 8 until we could find a place to live, so we pulled in grabbed a few things, of course the dog & cat too and went up to our room, it was located above the pool and our patio was in a terrarium it was stinky, and humid.
The next day we went down to the U-haul to grab a few more things and to drop the car off the trailer, and discovered it was almost 90 degrees out, wow the humidity was high, immediately I was under attack by hundreds of mosquitos, so I jumped in the u-haul only to discover Mango (my daughters fish) was floating in a hot fish bowl :(  JUST shoot me now!
We spent the afternoon calling every apartment, or trailer park we could seeking a place to rent with no luck, nothing was listed in the paper, everything had a waiting list.
So we decided to find a storage unit to unload the U-haul truck, again there was nothing available, so we called near by towns which by the way are not so near, and are a fragment of the size of Williston which is about 4 miles long and 2 miles wide!
Finally we found a unit in a place called Ray, ND. about half an hour from Williston.
We tried to settle as much as we could in a our tiny motel room, which by the way I had them move us so we could have a window and sunlight, I guess I rubbed the manager the wrong way because she didn't like me and throughout our stay she gave me hell!
I put my house plants in the window and made it as homey as I could.
Chrissy and Unali learned to get along quickly, I think Chrissy just missed her big sister Meika and soon latched on to the next best thing Unali lol... This is them getting a little bit of Sun light in the motel room, Chrissy also started to pee on the floor, it could have been because of other animals, but mostly it was because she was used to having a doggy door that led out to 5 acres of potty turf, and now she had to rely on me to take her out. UGH

About the 4th day in Williston, Dan was told to pack a suit case he was going to Wyoming for a couple weeks for training, and so he did, and WOW I was a very lonely girl, stuck in a motel, no where to go, didn't know anyone, my kid was still with her dad for the summer, so I sat with my little animal children, and watched the days go by out of my motel window, I cried a lot, I walked the dog a lot, and I ate fast food every day, BARF! Oh and did I tell you the manager of the Super 8 motel didn't like me for some reason, she started to harass me, looking back I now know it was because I was an out of towner, but we will get to that later....

I can honestly say I was tempted to grab my keys and drive back to Gardnerville, and just do the whole long distance relationship, but I had already given up the house, regretfully turned down a great job, and it wouldn't be fair to Dan my DH. So I sucked it up, and took one for the team, sacrifice for the betterment of my family. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment