Monday, October 31, 2011

June 2008 ~ The Offer Letter

We lived in Gardnerville Nevada in a cute little house on about 5 acres, my view was of Jobs Peak, Lake Tahoe, and the Beautiful Sierra Mountains.


We had 2 dogs, 12 chickens, and a cat, most of our neighbors had horses, goats, peacocks, and lot's of other kinds of animals, I loved where we lived, we had California just 5 mins away, many places to go for outdoor activity, or a night out on the town, yet way out in the country where you could see all the stars at night, you often woke up to Deer, Rabbits, Bobcats, Coyotes, Eagles and all sorts of other creatures in your yard, you could leave your doors unlocked, and often left our keys in our cars.
I was seeking employment which was unsuccessful, my husband was working for Waste Management, but money was pretty tight, and we were very grounded in life, not being able to experience much, or do things with our kids.
My husband Dan had worked for Schlumberger in the past, and was thinking about doing the same work again, we talked about how he would have to travel and to tell the truth I wasn't real happy about that, but I new we had to do something.
June 2008 my husband was made an offer by Halliburton to come up to Williston, ND and that's where our journey in the Bakken Oilfield had begun. 
This picture was taken just a couple weeks before we left for Williston ND.
My favorite place in the world, Markleeville CA. at a childhood swimming hole.

P.S. If you didn't catch it, we all left for Williston ND together. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment